October is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month and we’d love you to help honour all the babies chasing butterflies in the sky.
There are many ways you can help, such as:
- Buy and wear an awareness ribbon.
- Light up your house or building in pink and blue to support Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Month.
- Buy of gift a Hand Heart to a bereaved family, to comfort them through their grief journey.
- Make a tax-deductible donation.
- Host a Butterfly High Tea.
- Do you own a business or know someone who does? Add a $1 on the bill to support Still Aware. More info on this can be found here.
- Write an article about Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Month in your company newsletter.
- Share social media posts.
- Organise a community fundraising activity in October. – BBQ?, bake sale?, dinner?, raffle?
- Have a donation tin to raise funds.
- Share your story.
We welcome you to contact us, we’d love to work with you in alignment with Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Month.
Still Aware are committed to ending preventable stillbirth, because it is the leading cause of infant death in Australia.
Facts about stillbirth
- 6 babies are born still in Australia daily…that’s one family every 4 hours leaving a maternity ward with empty arms & an empty heart. The impact of this loss lasts a lifetime.
- 60% of stillbirths occur after 28 weeks. 
- Often there is nothing wrong: in a third of all stillbirth cases at term (37+ weeks) the baby’s death remains unexplained.
- 55% of women who experienced a stillbirth perceived a change in fetal movement prior to the diagnosis.
- A number of research studies have reported an inappropriate response by clinicians to maternal perception of fetal movements as a common contributor to stillbirth. 
Any further enquiries, please contact:
Ph: 08 8300 0980